Educational Objectives & Outcomes
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
I. Preparation: To prepare the students to excel in undergraduate, post graduate in Aeronautical engineering and mould their careers for successful employment in industry, academic and entrepreneurial activities
II. Core Competence: Graduates of Aeronautical engineering programme will analyze and synthesize data and apply technical concepts which lead to the design of new products, improve upon existing products and systems and develop technical problem solving skills.
III. Breadth: Graduates will excel in a wide range of Aeronautical engineering fields such as Design, Analysis and multi-disciplinary areas.
IV. Professionalism: Graduates will have excellent oral and written communication skills, team work skills, ethical attitude and an ability to relate engineering issues to broader social environment.
V. Learning Environment: To provide a passionate academic environment for students that encourage learning of emerging technologies, acquire leadership qualities and guidelines needed for a successful career and engage in lifelong learning.
Program Outcomes ( POs)
Programme outcomes are narrower statements that describe what students are expected to know and be able to do by the time of graduation. These relate to the skills, knowledge, and behaviours that students acquire in engineering education.
The PO’s are focused on constant Student development towards professional and ethical advancement:-
1. Ability to apply the knowledge of mathematics, computing, science, and engineering to solve Aeronautical engineering problems.
2. Ability to design and conduct engineering experiments, as well as to analysis and design of models.
3. Ability to design, Analysis and manufacture systems, component, or process to meet desired needs, within realistic constraints.
4. An ability to function on multi – disciplinary teams.
5. An ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
6. An understanding of professional, social and ethical responsibility.
7. An ability to communicate effectively.
8. The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
9. An ability to recognize the need for and an ability to engage in life – long learning.
10. An ability to gain knowledge of contemporary issues
11. An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
12. Graduates are able to participate and succeed in competitive examination like GRE, GATE, TOEFL, GMAT etc.
13. Apply engineering and management knowledge and techniques to estimate time and resources needed to complete aerospace/Mechanical engineering projects.
14. Able to recognize the challenging and rewarding careers in aerospace.