Board of studies
Each Department has its own Board of Studies which consists of:
- Head of the department concerned (Chairman)
- The entire faculty of each specialisation
- Two experts in the subject from outside the college to be nominated by the Academic Council
- One expert to be nominated by the vice-chancellor of affiliating university
- One representative from industry/corporate sector/allied area relating to placement
- One postgraduate meritorious alumnus
- Experts from outside the college
- Other members of staff of the same faculty.
The functions of the Board of Studies of a department in the college are:
- Prepare syllabi for various courses keeping in view the objectives of the college, interest of the stakeholders and national requirement for consideration and approval of the Academic Council.
- Suggest methodologies for innovative teaching and evaluation techniques.
- Suggest panel of names to the Academic Council for appointment of examiners for undergraduate and postgraduate courses
- Coordinate research, teaching, extension and other academic activities in the Department / college.
- To consider matters of general academic interest to the Department and of its functioning