ABOUT INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DEPARTMENT
The Department attributes its success to the creative and innovative outlook of its students also. The Department encourages students to participate in numerous symposiums and to present papers in them. Students are also made to undergo in-house training programs, where they enhance their technical skill in the realm of computers.
Department Advisory Committee (DAC) will give valuable suggestions in academic planning, laboratory development and faculty skill development programs.
1. Dr. O.B.V. Ramanaiah, Professor, JNTUH college of Engineering.
2. Dr. S.Viswanatha Raju, Professor, JNTUHCEJ.
3. Mr. Kamaraju, Group Project Manager, INFOSYS Technologies Ltd.
In order to bridge the gap between industry and academia and to meet the challenges of the industry, Department has taken necessary initiatives and conducts following programs.
1. Infosys Campus Connect – Foundation Program.
2. Micro Projects in all core subjects for selected students.
3. Certification Courses like Oracle Certified Java Professional (OCJP) to improve the confidence and placement opportunities of the students.
4. Motivating students to take part in various programming challenges and competitions likeCODEVITA, CODEJAM, ACMICPC, and HACKER RANK etc.
5. Expert talks and guest lectures on modern technologies and trends by eminent people from industry.
6. Students are also motivated to come up with innovative ideas which can be transformed into working models and presented in various competitions.