Centre for Research & Development
MLR Institute of Technology, Hyderabad is now focusing more on Research Programs and need based technology. Accordingly, an independent R&D Cell has been established to promote and monitor the research Programs of the college. R & D cell is headed by Dr. Karthik Rajendra and supported by HODs of various departments and students. R&D cell has an advisory board with senior faculty members from various organizations. The cell manages all the research Programs of the college by monitoring and coordinating the research Programs. It conducts the research review meeting to examine the quality of research being conducted by various teams. It facilitates interaction with external agencies for funded R&D projects, also promotes and manages Institute-Industry interaction.
The objectives of R & D Cell are:
- To create Centres of Excellence in thrust areas of research
- To provide a common platform for the agglomeration of knowledge and ideas of personnel for learning enrichment
- To create opportunities for students and exploit the available resources to the benefit of Industry/society
- To administrate research projects sponsored by various Government and Non-Government research funding agencies such as AICTE, DST, UGC etc.
- To foster collaborations for mutual benefits and to maximize Industrial connectivity
- To promote research from the individual departments of the Institute
- To focus the research on Open community problems
- To Strengthen Research and Development Activities at the Institutional Level by establishing centres in Inter-disciplinary areas
- Setting up of Research Labs in Collaboration with reputed organizations.
- Extending R&D activities towards Industrial consultancy.
- Enhancing entrepreneurship skills, start up culture, incubation centres.
- To enhance the number of Doctorates
Currently, MLR Institute of Technology has active research communities in the following domains:
Network Security, Big Data, Computer Graphics, Information Technology and Communication Engineering, Data Mining, Wireless Cellular Networks, VLSI, Analog ASIC, Current mode circuits, Nanoelectronics, Nanotechnology, Microwave Antennas, Image Processing, Digital Signal Processing, Reconfigurable computing for Multimedia Applications, Design of Heterogeneous computing systems on FPGA, Design and Production, Polymer Composites, Manufacturing Engineering (Industrial Scheduling), Composite Materials, Design and Production, Heat and Thermal Engineering, Economics, Transparent Conducting Oxides, Microscopy, Optical Tweezers, Complex Fluids, Soft Materials, Bio-Physics, Nano-Catalysis, CO2 Chemistry, Petrochemicals, Organic Synthesis & Analytical of Metal Ligand Complexes, Synthesis, Medicinal Properties of Drugs, Optimization, Reliability and Probability & Statistics, Marketing, Finance.