SDP - Student Development Programs
Workshops and Guest Lectures:
• India will become a corrupt free political country only when youth enters into politics. In order to make students aware of politics, workshop was conducted on “Emerging Carrier Opportunities in Politics and Related Areas.” Speaker was Mr.AshishLal on 28th Nov, 2016.
• MBA department has launched E-CELL to assist students in becoming Entrepreneurs on 26th Oct, 2016. Mr.VivekSastry founder of start-up Power Pest Control has shared his experiences with MBA students.
• MBA is all about dealing with business and making decisions. To make MBA students aware of these activities, College has launched a certification programme in association with National Entrepreneurship Network on 16th September 2016. This certification program contains six modules and certificates will be given to students after completion of every module. Mr VikramJit Mishra Regional manager NEN -Wadhwani Foundation done the student orientation for this program.
• Students completing their first year confront confusion in choosing their specializations. In order to clarify their doubts in selection of specializations and also to make them aware of what actually industries are expecting from MBA students MLRIT MBA department in collaboration with Hyderabad Management Association conducted a one day programme on 22nd, July, 2016 on “Choosing Specializations” and “Industry Expectations from MBA students”. Speakers Mr.RamachanderMaddela, Vice president of Foodmingo.com and Mr.Vijayvedhantham, Vice president of Atlas Finance and Research Private limited conducted Psychometric tests on students to identify their personalities and suggested specialization to be taken according to that. Nearly 80 students and 15 faculty members from different MBA colleges have participated in the programme.
• Knowing the interview process of different companies is as important as the knowledge of subject to crack the interviews. So MBA department has conducted a guest lecture to make the students aware of different companies’ interview process on 16th July, 2016 by Mr.Dilip Marketing Head of Smart steps, Hyderabad.
• Students should learn employability skills in campus itself. For this, the department has organised a one day workshop on “Classroom to Corporate: Employability Skills” for MBA students on 25, July, 2016. Mr.RameshVemuganti a Transformational Speaker had given his suggestions to students for transforming them into a corporate ready person.
• Guest Lecture on “Career Path and Career Growth” by Dr Lokananda Reddy Irala, Associate Professor, University Of Hyderabad on 15 Mar, 2017.
• Students of MBA 1st year went to Allied Blenders & Distillers, Jeedimetla, Hyderabad on 28/3/2017.
• To make students learn about how actual manufacturing operations and Inventories will take place, MBA department has taken second year students to Radiant Air Systems and Pavani Engineers on 7th, Dec 2016 and to Coca-Cola on 20th, July 2016. There students were exposed to the operations done in manufacturing.