The Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) was established in the College in the year 2005. The objective of the ISTE Chapter is to keep the faculty members of the College updated about the recent technologies. The Institute arranges lectures twice in one semester and invites eminent personalities from Industries and other Organizations to deliver lecture at our campus. The topics of the lectures are decided by the speakers. These topics are related to their work experience at their organization. ISTE Student Chapter at MLRIT was established in the year of 2011 consisting more than 500 students . ISTE Faculty Chapter at MLRIT was established in the year of 2015 consisting more than 75 faculty members.
The major objectives of the ISTE are to
• Apply curriculum and educational processes to changing conditions
• To harness the knowledge of Engineering Sciences for the welfare of the society.
• Develop excellent teachers and educational administrators.
• Improve teaching methods and practices and administrative usages.
• Enhance Professional ideals and standards to improve academics.
• Make an effective linkage between technical institutions, industry and society.
Activities of ISTE Chapter
• Arranging Seminars on new technologies by experts for teaching faculties.
• Promoting staffs to interact with the industries.
• Conducting research oriented programs
• Oriented programs in various streams of Engineering.
• Assisting staff members to participate in various International & National Conferences.
• COE for MAT Lab has organized a workshop on “Signal Processing with Simulink” from 23rd to 25th January 2018. 20 faculty members from various Engineering colleges have participated in it.
Ms. ELZA JOHN