Student / Faculty Login
GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL CELL
Autonomous Exam Branch
Audited Financial Statements
Vision & Mission
FAQ About Autonomy
Freshman (First B.Tech)
Computer Science and Engineering
Electronics and Communication Engineering
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Board of Studies
Academic Calendar 18-19
Online Public Access Catalague
JNTUH E-LSDM e-Learning
Open Access Journals
NPTEL Video Lectures
Admission Notification for 'B' Category Seats
CATEGORY B SEATS MERIT LIST 2017 - 2018
How to Apply
CLUB Literati - MLRIT
National Service Scheme
Women’s Protection Cell
Unnat Bharat Abhiyan
Brochure and Handbook
Research & Development
Sports at MLRIT
What Constitutes Ragging?
Ragging constitutes one or more of any of the following acts:
a) Any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student.
b) Indulging in rowdy or undisciplined activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student.
c) Asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other student.
d) Any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of any other student or a fresher.
e) Exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or a group of students.
f) Any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any other student by students
g) Any act of physical abuse including all variants of it: sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health or person;
h) Any act or abuse by spoken words, emails, post, public insults which would also include deriving perverted pleasure, vicarious or sadistic thrill from actively or passively participating in the discomfiture to fresher or any other student.
i) Any act that affects the mental health and self-confidence of a fresher or any other student with or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher.
College has taken various precautions as per AICTE Norms to prevent ragging and ensure 100% no-ragging.
• Formed Anti Ragging Committee consisting of senior faculty members headed by Principal.
• Persons not only from college but also from Police Department and NGOs conduct and participate in Anti-Ragging Activities.
• Committee has taken steps and allotted duties to all the staff members at almost all areas in the college (i.e. canteen, parking places, different blocks, play grounds etc.) and ensure that at least one faculty member will be present at any particular time at all the locations to avoid ragging activities.
• Committee has taken precautions to avoid ragging activities at other locations like buses and given instructions to student volunteers accordingly.
• Wide canvassing about anti-ragging, is being done in the forms of Flexes, Posters and Boards in college premises and surrounding areas where there is a chance of ragging.
• Grievances & Redressel committee is also made a part of these anti-ragging activities.
• Many awareness programmes about Anti Ragging will be conducted by Anti Ragging Committee in the form of meetings and PPTs to the senior students, faculty & non-college personnel.
PUNISHMENTS FOR RAGGING
• Every single incident of ragging, a FIR shall be lodged without exception by the college authorities with the local police. In addition one or any combination of the following punishments can be awarded:
• Cancellation of admission.
• Suspension from attending classes.
• Withholding / withdrawing scholarship / fellowship and other benefits.
• Debarring from appearing in any test / examination or other evaluation process.
• Withholding results.
• Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
• Suspension / expulsion from the hostel.
• Rustication from the institution for period ranging from 1 to 4 semesters.
• Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution.
• Collective punishment: When the persons committing or abetting the crime of ragging are not identified, the institution shall resort to collective punishment as a deterrent to ensure community pressure on the potential raggers.
Copyright © 2018 Mlrinstitutions.ac.in All Rights Reserved
Designed by Brandwar