The Department of Information Technology was established in the year 2005 with an intake of 60. The department offers Under Graduates (UG) degree programme of 4 years with the current intake of 120. The Department aims at providing students with knowledge & tools they require to compete at the global level. The Department attributes its success to the creative and innovative outlook of its students also. The Department encourages students to participate in numerous symposiums and to present papers in them. Students are also made to undergo in-house training programs, where they enhance their technical skill in the realm of computers.
• 5 well-equipped laboratories updated with latest software.
• Classrooms are equipped with projectors for demonstrating real-world examples.
- • 2 CoEs (BigData & IoT) for carrying out extensive research work in their respective areas.
Department of Information Technology has 2 CoEs (Center of Excellences) – BigData & IoT. These CoEs’ facilitate the student & faculty to work on the cutting edge technologies like Data Analytics, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Python scripting, Hadoop, Raspberry Pi, & so on. These CoEs’ will also assist students to be a step ahead various inter-collegiate competitions & industry ready. Various research projects are being carried out by faculty & students are encouraged to be a part of it.
Research Areas & Publication:
Department of Information Technology encourages faculty as well as students to participate in research work in various areas like BigData, Data Mining, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, IoT, & so on.
Department of Information Technology faculties have published 18 papers in various journals of SCOPUS/ WOS indexed in the year 2017-18. Twelve papers were published in SCOPUS indexed & six papers were published in WOS indexed in areas like Data Mining, Machine Learning, BigData & IoT.
• 90% of the staff is engaged in Research work under various Research areas.
- • 2 Centre of Excellences & well-equipped laboratories.
• Staff are undergoing IUCEE certification program.
• 3 Doctorates
• 18 papers were published in reputed journals (12 SCOPUS indexed, 6 WOS).